Tuesday, May 5, 2009

children & prejudice

If children live with criticism
They learn to condemn.

I f children live with hostility
They learn to fight.

If children live with ridicule
They learn to be shy.

If children live with shame
They learn to feel guilty.

If children live with tolerance
They learn to be patient.

If children live with encouragement
They learn confidence.

If children learn with praise
They learn to appreciate.

If children live with fairness
They learn justice.

If children live with security
They learn to have faith.

If children live with approval
They learn to like themselves.

If children live with acceptance and friendship
They learn to find live in the world.

Adapted form, Leicester & Johnson, 2004.

True. The environment plays a great role in shaping us to be who we are today.

Quote of the day:
"In youth we learn; in age we understand"
(Von Ebner-Eschenbach)


Today I am grateful for....
having two wonderful, educated, loving people as my parents and four playful weirdos as my siblings. If not for them, I may not be who I am today and I may not be able to get here. Though at times I've complained that my family is not rich enough, not cool enough, not fun enough, dEep down in my heart, I am extremely grateful to be blessed and feel like I truly belonged in this beautiful, exquiste family. I love them with all my heart and would not trade my family for anyone else's. Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah.

1 comment:

mizzshaina said...

dear miss dreamer@miss typo
hahah
wat i really like about your blog is the fact that u write down what ure thankful for
hmmm..i think i shud put that too
at least to remind me of the blessings i get each day, things that we always took for granted