Saturday, May 23, 2009

stay true to yourself

ROCKING AND ROLLING: A ship heads out into Cook Strait from Wellington Harbour yesterday. According to The Dominion Post, MetService forecaster Oliver Druce said yesterday's bleak weather was only going to get worse as southerly gusts increased today, reaching gale-force speeds of up to 140kmh in exposed places. 140kmh mind you.


my skin hurts

oh look, i am now as red as a lobster (ye.mulut celupar sgt aritu kn.)

my head feels so heavy

oh wait, is it just me or is this room spinning?

i am soaked wet

my shoes were practically swimming in water

who would have guessed that I will end up like this?

I, who always checked the weather forecast at least twice before leaving the house,

I, who always wear the most sensible and practical shoes regardless of the occasion,

I, who firmly believed that this is not the place nor the right weather to wear baju kurung.


But today,

I refused to check the weather forecast,

today, I ignored my natural instincts

today, I decided to wear baju kurung eventhough the storm is raging since last night

all because of cakap2 orang

orang cakap kitorang sume pakai bju kurung
so I, who have this TOC syndrome (like Sarah said) decided to brave the weather wearing baju kurung

the baju kurung is not the main problem though

coz I was reasonable enough to wear thermals and jeans inside

the main problem is my shoes

my feet hurts

my shoes are like two sinking ships

wet through and through

those darn shoes

~sigh~

I would never wear unreasonable attires ever again

I dont care if i dont look fashionable or if i look weird

being comfortable and warm is what makes me happy

I will stay true to my own beliefs

Quote of the day:

You will have learnt by now that unpredictability is the most predictable thing about Wellington
-Jonathan Newton *wink wink*-

Today I am grateful for....
free food!! haha. at least, it's worth braving the storm for. and of course, for my warm room. i dont care if it's far from everyone else, at least I can use the heater as much as I like ;)

No comments: