Monday, May 18, 2009

a space of my own


i woke up this morning feeling realy irritated
because the lights are on when i'm not really ready to get out of the bed.
i am not a morning person
please dont ruined my day by annoying me first thing in the morning
if i can use the other lamp when i'm up earlier than you,
why can't you do so too?
if i reapsect ur sleeping time, why can;t you do so for me?
ok.
people are not the same.
we don't all share the same thoughts nor the same sense.
i get it.
what i didn't get is why in the world did they tortured me by having me share a room again this year?
didn't i make it clear in the application form that i desperately wanted a single room?
yeah, i know shared rooms are way cheaper but i think i value my own privacy and freedom more.
i have my own room since i was little
im not so used to share my private space with anyone else
right now, it's different from living in hostel.
boarding schools are different in the sense that everyone has the same schedule, eat the same thing (you dot have to cook back ten do you?) etc
basically, back then, everyone is doing the same thing
but now is different
you have to manage your time yourselves
and everyone's time management is different
i t's my life
i can study at 3am if i want to
i can watch movies in the middle of the afternoon if i want to
i can eat at 12 am if i want to
but i couldn't really do that out of respect to my roomate
now, im trying hard to be more considerate
but it is hard if you don't get the same treatment

i want my own space!!!
my own room!!
where i can lie down and not having someone else talking on the phone,
disturbing my peaceful slumber
i want my own room
where i can sleep without someone "accidentally" interrupting me
i want my own room where i can sing, dance, and laugh without disturbing someone else
i want my own room where i can talk about everything with my mom peacefully without someone else listening to the conversation ad judging me
i want my own room
where i can have my friends over without permissions of someone else and without interrupting anyone else
i want my own room
so that you my dear roomate can bring your friends over and do whatever you want without me feeling really uncomfortable and suffocated
without me feeling like a prisoner in my own room

it's just plain hard sharing your space right now
for me, my room is the place where ic an relax and unwind
i may be a chatterbox outside
but at home, i wish to remain quite
at home is where i can spend my time thinking
reflecting my actions etc
but its hard to do so when you're having a roomate
who wants to talk to you but you're not really in the mood to talk and then you end up feeling guilty about it.
and i didn't like the fact that i get so worried if she's still out in the middle of the night

i thought that this year would be quite different
since i'm sharing my room with someone from other course
it turns out to be
the same
she may not have a boyfriend
but she has a lot of friends that she can talk to on the phone, mind you.
there are many "incidents" that triggers this uncontrollable urge to have my own room. but i rather not tell the details ( x baek mgumpat:P)

i know that im not exactly the best person to share a room with
what with my sudden mood swing and stuff
i knew that already
that's what makes my heart screams "I WANT MY OWN ROOM YOU ********!!! (ok dilarang mencarut)

in short
i want my own room
i do not wish to share my room with anyone anymore
i don't want to feel suffocated and all tensed up in my room anymore
i'm feeling a little claustrophobic right now


I WANT MY OWN ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Quote of the day:
Its really hard to be roomates with people if your suitcases are much better than theirs
-J D Salinger-
(no, I'm not like that!!! ok. not 100% LOL)

Today I am grateful for...
at least I have a room. A place to stay. At least I have a roof over my head. at least my room is cheap and warm. at least my place is near uni, where i don't have to climb up the hills in a rush at 7.40 in the morning. at least. i'm grateful for that. you cannot have all dear. whats life without obstacles? Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah.

No comments: