Sunday, May 17, 2009

membaca itu jambatan ilmu


i have a sudden urge to lie down and read a great book
a great novel
how i miss those good old days of analysing books during literature class
it might be a burden for some
but it brings such joy for me
analysing literary piece is exhilarating for me
its like a kind of sports for me ( you know i dont play sports. haha)
its fun
its adventurous
its meaningful
its like a roller coaster ride
sometimes u feel down coz u really didn't get what the author meant to say
sometimes you feel like you're on top of the world when you able to decipher the meaning or relate some of those situations to yourselves
but o course, it's up to your own interpretations

ah, the beauty of great works by great authors!
the joy of finding beautiful phrases printed on pages!
it's ecstatic!
euphoric!

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...
it really is painful
craving for a good book when you have so many things to do
and most importantly,no extra $$$ lying around to buy them
oh wait. there's a place called THE LIBRARY you bloody genius.

oh well,
i might go down to the library in the near future
cant wait for the holidays to come!!!

here's a list of great books by great authors that i desperately wanted to read right now:
1. A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burges
2. Lolita -Vladimir Nobokov
3. Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
4. The Postman Always Rings Twice - James M Cain
5. A Room with A View - E. M. Forster
6. The Catcher In The Rye - J. D. Salinger

I dont like romantic pieces. Somehow I find romance novels too simplistic.
Too optimistic.
Not realistic.
Or maybe
I 'm just a pessimist
maybe
not being in love did that to me
I couldnt appreciate the beauty of "love" in novels
A happy-ending romantic novels are too much for me to swallow
it disgusts me
ok not really
but those books forces me to dream about having those unreasonable, unattainable things
life's not a bed of roses
i rather read about human eccentricities and sufferings
rather than reading about women falling in love and gushes over her "true love"
i like to explore other genres
romance is definitely not on the list

but most importantly, can somone please get me one of the books i've mentioned above?


Quote of the day:
It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it.
-Oscar Wilde-

Today I am grateful for..
having parents that encourage us to read. not all Malay parents do so. i'm glad that my folks used to bring us to the bookstore almost every week to buy a book(sadly, no Doreamons or Dragonballs or Sailormooms for us) for me and my brother. my mom will always say "YES" to books and "NO" toys (well not anymore. my younger siblings have more toys than books. but of course, our old books are always there for them to enjoy). I wish that others will find the joy in reading as much as I do. Alhamdulillah, Thank You Allah.


p/s- remember the phrase, "don't judge the book by its cover?". Trust me, that is so true.

No comments: