Saturday, July 9, 2011

adjustment period

last night I went out with my friends and we've spent hours talking and discussing adulthood: jobs, cars, salaries, loans, houses, marriages etc
it finally occurred to me that I will not be earning as much as they do
i've got a friend who coud afford to buy a semi-d with her income
and it hasn't been a year since she started work
the amount that she will be paying for her house and car would me my total income for the month
imagine that

i have a really hard time trying to adjust with that idea
honestly speaking, i have always been blessed with well, good life
amongst my friends,my family are pretty much well off and i'm used to live in luxury
and now ,
well, let's just say that I will lead a much more humble life than theirs

not to say that I'm not grateful with what I have
indeed, Alhamdulillah
i've been blessed with good fortunes so far.
I also have no intention of competing with others
i mean, why should i?
but I'm just not used to the idea that I will be at the bottom of the strata in terms of my monthly earnings
life sure is full of surprises innit?
who would have thought that things would turned out this way

i need some time to adjust to this idea
and i will be needing more time to adjust myself to live more humbly
or
i could just marry a rich guy :P

2 comments:

mizzshaina said...

i totally could relate to what u're saying.. a friend of mine who is still doing her housemanship would earn a months pay that is almost 4 times more than us.. (i regretted the decision of asking her the question haha).

Another friend of mine keep persuading me to further my study, siap suruh kite janji dengan die tu akan further study. And even my dad keep asking if theres possibility for me to work as something else instead, all this only hinting me as if im doing something that is not good enough..

adding to that is a relative of mine who is a teacher, asking me (more of scolding I think) on why I chose this profession. "Penatt sarah, gaji sikit, x berbaloii" thats what she said. Which is not encouraging at all.. But I only answered "takpe, pahala kat akhirat banyak kan", secretly questioning myself if that would be enough, that I wouldnt care that other people are earning more than me..

But its true u know, comparing urself to someone who is better off will only make u feel incomplete, unenough, unlucky..Tapi agama kita ajar kita supaya selalu compare diri dengan orang yang lebih susah, supaya kita selalu bersyukur.. takpela sha, kite takdela akan miskin, tp xdela kaya.. boleh hidup ape. hehe. insyaAllah, saham akhirat besar, syaratnye kene belajar ikhlas la. and if u still think its not enough, u can always look for different job after 5 years.

or yes, carik la kerabat. hehe. sure easy thing for u kan? ;)

biar tak kaya di dunia, asal x miskin di akhirat


miss u! =))

Anonymous said...

ahhhh~!!! aku ingat aku sorg stress pasal benda ni..xpe, sbb derg lagi kaya, kalau keluar sure derg belanja..

ok, sket pun tak menyelesaikan masalah..

true, if you choose to become a teacher, you know from the beginning you'll not be making millions a month..even after years!

may be we can't afford filthy big house and even my audi car *nanges esak2* tp dulu ms rudy penah ckp, we can still afford a small humble trips overseas once a year..xdpt la nak tiap2 bulan..tu je la bezanya..

ok ada beza lagi..cikgu2 kat sekolah beli handbag dr catalog avon je..kawan2 kita yg kaya beli sendiri gucci dr italy..

haha..stress tak cik sha dan cik sar!

ok la..meh sedapkan hati..xpe, after a few years, dpt kumpul duit pegi mekah pun dh cukup bersyukur :) dpt bagi mak ayah sikit pn dh melegakan hati..dan yg penting, byk sbnrnya yg kita contribute to the society *ye, aku ke yg cakap ni..?*

p.s berusaha cik sha!