Thursday, July 16, 2009

walking down the memory lane

Memory is a child walking along a seashore. You never can tell what small pebble it will pick up and store away among its treasured things.
-Pierce Harris, Atlanta Journal-






it's been a very looonggg holiday.
2 beloved friends came to wellington.
12 days well spend with my girls,
miss R and miss A.

i've met those girls in KMS.
and hanging out with them,
with miss R especially, brings a lot of memory back.

you see, miss R used to be my roommate (so she knows the juicy stuff about me.haha).
and of course we had our ups and downs but we did had a lot of fun back then ( imiss those days when having a roommate used to be fun and exciting!huhu)

reminiscing about the past with her,
laughing about the good old days or what we called "zaman kegemilangan POOS",
(hey, ak ahli setia. dulu, kini selamanya. idup poos!it's pronounced as po'os btw:P)
anyway,
reminiscing the past is another form of self-discovery.
miss R recalls,among others, the times when i used to sing in the morning (that indicates that i'm in a good mood. which is rare coz im not a morning person), and the "accidents" i have with the iron (where the whole floor could practically hear my screams about my tudung or whatever that i have burnt that day. believe me, there's a lot of clothes that i have to throw away back then :P), gossiping about the boys in her class (or the class next to hers :P) and about how bubbly and loud i was back then.

upon hearing that,
i took a moment to reflect on myself.
i am not the same person as i was before.
i do not sing in the morning anymore.
i do not put holes through my clothes anymore.
i am not interested to gossip about the boys anymore.
and i realized,
i am not as bubbly or as loud as i used to be.
well, i am loud(at times), but not like before.
now, i am more known for my mood swings more than anything else(sigh..)

well, people change.
after miss R left kms,
i got my heart broken.
i had new perspectives on friends.
i went to work.
i got fatter.
these things change me.
the environment changed.
my needs and priorities changed.
the types of books and movies i like changed.
and oops! i've become a slightly different person.
some people might say that i have grown up (but i dont really believe that crap. i'm still daddy's girl at heart :P)

the thing is ,
no matter who you are in the past,
you'll just have to accept it.
there are many things in the past that i hate and would like to forget,
but you can never change the past.
you cannot run away from the past.
you are, what you are now, because of the past (i know, it's such a cliche..)

in many ways,
i think,
i have become a slightly better person.
the old me would still be wearing tight outfit ALL THE TIME (note the difference.hehe) or would not pray until the last minute.
i've acquired new skills since then.
i've gained new perspectives on life from all those odd jobs i've done.

so, thank you miss R and miss A for the visit.
i'm sorry for not entertaining you guys enough what with the bad weather and no extra cash lying around huhu.
but your visits helps me to discover and appreciate myself a bit more.
coz in the end,
what's left are just me,myself and I.

Quote of the day:

Everybody needs his memories. They keep the wolf of insignificance from the door. -Saul Bellow-

Today I am grateful for...
my friends. though we're miles apart (that including those of you who live in everton or hadfield terrace :P) and haven't seen each other for a long time, it's great to know that we're still friends and still hit it off like we used to.
"absence makes the heart grow fonder". not "out of sight, out of mind". and for those who have to bear with my sudden and extreme mood swings, thank you. i'm truly sorry if i ever offended any of you yet you guys still stick with me (like you have any choice.haha.i am extremely thankful for these great,wonderful,exciting, patient friends of mine. Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah.

3 comments:

comot said...

thanks for the hospitality ;)

Sha said...

bwahahaha
"charming scent"??
LOL

comot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.