Thursday, July 23, 2009

how interesting are you?

ok so the new trimester has started for two weeks already.
as usual, the tutorials begin this week, week 2.
i was frustrated to get not so enthusiastic (to put it mildly)tutors this time.
i dont know about my tutor for sociology yet coz i wont be having any tutorial until week 4 (which i find it amusing) but overall, i can say that i find my tutors this time less impressive.
sigh.
i dont think i like any of my lecturers nor tutors this time.
oh wait, except for chris bowden.
as always, he's awesome!
but maybe its too early for me to judge them.

anyway,
as usual ( this should be the favourite phrase of the day :P),
the first tutorial is when you get to know your other tutorial mates.
and of course, you have to introduce yourself.
dont get me wrong,
i have no problems with introducing myself coz:
1. they prolly wouldnt even remember my name coz it sounded weird to them ( they couldnt even pronounced it right anyway)
2. as there would be other msian girls in the class, it would be harder for them to distinguish each one of us. they prolly think all of us who wear the hijab look the same anyway. so even if you see them outside, they prolly wouldnt even noticed you unless you greet them first.

but what i dont like about introducing myself is when the tutor insists that you should tell at least one interesting fact about yourself.
INTERESTING fact about me.
what's interesting about me?
how do you define interesting?
some girl claim that she has 30 cousins, so that should be interesting.
but for most of us msians, we dont find it all that interesting since most of us prolly have more than 30 cousins.
so if that'snot interesting to you, then what is?
i've never travelled around the world in 80 days.
i dont have a twin in the same class.
i am not fluent in 5 different languages.
i cannot do weird stuff like pushing my nose with my tongue or anything like it.
so then, what's interesting about me?
i know that everyone is special in his or her own way.
i know that no 2 people are the same.
i couldnt say that what's interesting about me is that my fingerprint wont match anyone in this room could i?
that would be a really dumb thing to say.

hurm.
so, just ask yourself these questions.
what's interesting about you?
how do you justify that?
what makes you different than everyone else who's in the same room as you?


but hey, dont be too hard on yourselves.
remember, everyone is special ;)


Quote of the day:
i would like to quote one o my favourite song from barney, the purple dinosaur (yes.i like barney)

You are special - you really are
You’re the only one like you
There isn’t another in the whole wide world
Who can do the things you do
Because you are special- special
Everyone is special
Everyone in his or her own way
You' re important so you really are
You' re the only one of you
The world is better just because you are here
you should know that we love you

Yes you re special -special
Everyone is special
Everyone in his or her own way!

3 comments:

hafiz CHouJi said...

Suke dengar nasheed You Are Very Special oleh Zain Bikha. :')

comot said...

what did you answer then?

mizzshaina said...

no matter dear,
u are special to me in many un-describable way! (^_^)