Sunday, January 18, 2015

Counting blessings

Meeting old friends are fun
But most of the time I would come back home feeling like a loser for not having
my own car, my own house, my own little family and also for making the least money among them.

On the brighter side,
I dont have to pay car installments, 
I live at home where my Mom do my laundry and where delicious, healthy, home cooked meals are always available, where the furnitures are complete and comfortable,
and I can still be selfish and laze around on weekends, not having to impresss anyone or cater to anybody's needs and my workplace is just next to my housing area, no traffic jams, 
Besides, I love to teach and I still get paid on top of 3 weeks semester break, TWICE a year.

Yup
In a way, my life is good
There's nothing to be embarassed about
Be grateful, self.

2 comments:

RKA said...

Yes, it's hard not to compare our lives with other people. hehe.

What u have is awesome dear. You get to live at home (yay), delicious food (yay), workplace near home no traffic jam (double triple yay), family is around all the time (yay), and so many other things that we (well, actually, i don't get to have...heheh).

On the surface people cakap bestnya dah settle down bla bla bla. But to be honest, life isn't as peachy as it seems.

So yay you for the awesome life u have and for being grateful hehe.

Sha said...

Iqa!!
Thank you!!

Living in a world with Facebook and Instagram (and blogs hehe), it's kinda easy to feel like your life sucks eventhough we know that it's been carefully selected and edited before being shared with others kan.
but still we couldnt help to compare ourselves with others. I need to constantly remind myself not to play that game. Hence, this blog post.

There will always be others with more. The grass always seems greener on the other side huh?

and Iqa, your life is not bad as well. You have your Masters degree (yay), you have a great job (yay) Mara considered you as paying your service to them (YAYYY. that's really important! no debts!)you are married (woohoo! i remembered how much u talked about wanting to get married back in KMS) and there's a baby on the way (can't wait!)
I hope you will get through your pregnancy and deliver your baby safely!!

Let us all be grateful and happy with what we have! :)